This global day of giving encourages people to give back to charities and causes like ATSS Foundation and our charitable programs that promote roadway and work zone safety. Donate this #GivingTuesday on Nov. 28.
This year, your donation has double impact, the Georgia ATSSA Chapter and the Jim Shirley Memorial Golf Tournament are matching the first $5,000 in donations!
Highlighted accomplishments from the first 11 months of 2023:
- Awarded 14 Roadway Worker Memorial Scholarships and one Chuck Bailey Memorial Scholarship for the 2023-24 academic year to the dependents of men and women killed or permanently disabled in work zone incidents.
- 17 names were inscribed and honored on the National Work Zone Memorial.
- The National Work Zone Memorial visited 13 locations, reaching more than 13,850 people. The virtual Memorial was displayed at 31 events, reaching more than 15,640 people.
- Awarded two Marty Weed Engineering Scholarships to newer public agency engineers from Oklahoma DOT and Washington State DOT to attend ATSSA’s 2023 Convention & Traffic Expo.
- ATSS Foundation continues to offer Experience Camps Travel Scholarships to help children grieving a parent, sibling or caregiver lost to a roadway work zone incident.
- The children’s work zone educational activity book has been downloaded 92 unique times with a reach of more than 3,480 children and 970 copies of the printed activity book have been purchased for a total outreach of more than 4,450 children learning about work zone safety.
- The National and Oklahoma Work Zone Safe Teen Driver course has been completed by 1,330 teens ages 15-19.
- Provided 9 monthly $500 Foundation-sponsored scholarships for the National Work Zone Safe Teen Driver program.
- Awarded two Foundation Ambassador Awards to the Shirley family and the Chesapeake ATSSA Chapter.
Your generosity drives change to provide more scholarships, more remembrance of lives lost, more youth programs and safer roads. Remember to give this #GivingTuesday – Add the event to your calendar
Get involved on #GivingTuesday, Nov. 28:
- Make an online donation – Even $25 helps ATSS Foundation’s many programs support industry friends and families.
- Become a monthly donor – Monthly recurring donations allow supporters to spread the financial impact of their giving throughout the year. Donors who commit to monthly giving by Dec. 31 will receive an orange ribbon lapel pin!
- $5 a month provides (48) work zone safety educational activity books to schools.
- $10 a month ensures fallen workers are honored and remember on the National Work Zone Memorial.
- $50 a month provides grief counseling for children to attend an Experience Camps.
- $100 a month ensures children of fallen and disabled work zone workers can attend college.
- Be active on social media:
- “Like” and share the donation page on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.
- Post about why you support us and remember to include #ATSSFoundation and #GivingTuesday.
- Use our “unselfie” profile image.
Thank you for helping us spread the word and finish 2023 strong! Even if you are unable to donate now, consider making a gift before Dec. 31.
Help spread the word – Be a Social Media Ambassador!
- Tell your family and friends on social channels why you support ATSS Foundation and remember to include #ATSSFoundation and #GivingTuesday in your posts.
- Add a temporary profile picture of our “unselfie” profile image. Just save the image and upload it to your profile.
- Forward the Giving Tuesday reminder emails you receive to your family and friends, encouraging them to donate.
Thank you for supporting our core purpose of supporting families of roadway workers killed or permanently disabled in work zone incidents.
To learn more about the global celebration of generosity, #GivingTuesday, please visit givingtuesday.org.