This global day of giving encourages people to give back to charities and causes like The ATSS Foundation and our charitable programs. #Giving Tuesday 2021 was on Nov. 30.
A big thanks to our generous donors. Your support allows the continued growth of promoting roadway safety through charitable giving and public awareness. In the coming months, keep an eye out for updates on the impact of your Giving Tuesday donation along with other ways The ATSS Foundation is making a difference.
Building for the future, Giving Tuesday and beyond.
Here are some highlighted accomplishments from the first 11 months of 2021:
- Awarded 13 Roadway Worker Memorial Scholarships and two Chuck Bailey Memorial Scholarships for the 2021-22 academic year to the dependents of men and women killed or permanently disabled in work zone incidents.
- 58 names were inscribed and honored on the National Work Zone Memorial
- The National Work Zone Memorial visited four locations - Orlando, Fla., Pleasant Hill, N.C., Clinton Township, Mich., and Louisville, Ky. in 2021, reaching more than 20,600 people.
- The virtual National Work Zone Memorial was used for several events, including ATSSA's Midyear Meeting, reaching more than 300 people.
- The Foundation continues to offer Experience Camps Travel Scholarships to help children grieving a parent, sibling or caregiver lost to a roadway work zone incident.
- The Foundation held its first virtual Fun Run in May that attracted 124 participants.
- The Foundation continues to grow its Legacy Circle, recognizing the commitment of those who include The Foundation in their estate planning.
To learn more about the global celebration of generosity, #GivingTuesday, please visit www.givingtuesday.org.