Roadway Safety magazine explores CV2X for ‘smart vests’
Check out the spring issue of ATSSA’s magazine and our first ‘Convention Extra’
The Spring issue of Roadway Safety magazine is now available with a cover story that’s apt as we observe National Work Zone Awareness Week.
We take a look at “smart vests” being developed in Virginia in a collaboration between the Virginia Tech Transportation Institute (VTTI), Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT), Audi of America, Qualcomm and American Tower Corp.
The vests are fitted with electronics to warn people in work zones of impending danger. The smart vests provide an example of the potential for lifesaving benefits of cellular vehicle-to-everything (CV2X) technology.
Our first “Convention Extra” is also available online now. This supplement to Roadway Safety magazine will arrive with the magazine. It includes coverage of the awards announced during the 51st Annual Convention & Traffic Expo, plus details on the two products chosen for Innovation Awards.
The Spring 2021 issue is packed with information including articles on the following topics:
- The future of transportation from four government perspectives
- ATSSA’s first Roadway Worker Protection Summit
- Innovations from this year’s Consumer Electronics Show
- Pavement marking options for safer roads
- Technology ideas for safer roads
- Profile of a Roadway Worker Memorial Scholarship recipient following in his family’s footsteps.
Read Roadway Safety, ATSSA’s flagship publication, to keep up with trends in the roadway safety infrastructure industry, business issues and innovations.