GivingTuesday nears its 2019 goal
The ATSS Foundation received $5,335 in online donations during GivingTuesday, nearly reaching its goal of $5,500 for the event, an achievement Foundation President David Krahulec celebrated this morning.
“We were once again wowed by the generosity of our members and supporters of The Foundation,” Krahulec said.
He remained optimistic the goal will soon be reached.
The donation tally reflects donations made online but some donors prefer to send checks. People can also continue donating online at Foundation.ATSSA.com/Donate.
“We’re on the doorstep of reaching our goal of $5,500 and we expect to cross the threshold in the next few days,” Krahulec said.
Giving Tuesday started in the United States in 2012 as a way to encourage generosity and doing good. The idea has since gone global.
The ATSS Foundation was founded in 1988 with the core purpose to promote roadway safety through charitable giving and public awareness. Throughout 2019, it has accomplished the following:
• Awarded nine Roadway Worker Memorial Scholarships and two Chuck Bailey Memorial Scholarships.
• Provided the National Work Zone Memorial to 12 locations around the country, bringing public awareness to work zone safety to over 26,000 people.
• Added the names of 18 roadway work zone workers to The Memorial.
• Launched the Marty Weed Engineering Scholarship program, receiving 30 applications in the first year.
• Created a Planned Giving program to strengthen the long-term viability of The ATSS Foundation and the roadway safety infrastructure industry, already gaining seven Legacy Circle members.
• Released a micro-learning video series to increase awareness of Foundation-related initiatives and topics.
• Hosted an ATSSA Tuesday Topic webinar on “How To Get Involved with The ATSS Foundation.”
The Foundation is hosting three fundraising events as part of ATSSA’s 50th Annual Convention & Traffic Expo in January in New Orleans. Volunteering at these events provides another opportunity to support The Foundation. Volunteers are still needed for the Golf Classic Tournament, the Sporting Clays Event and the Inaugural ATSS Foundation Fun Run.
To volunteer, contact Lori Diaz, associate director of The Foundation, at 800-272-8772 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
On behalf of The Foundation, Krahulec thanks everyone who contributed during the GivingTuesday campaign.